Specific areas of need include:
- African American male to mentor a six year old boy interested in playing sports
- Spanish-speaking male to mentor a five year old boy who likes soccer
- Bi-lingual mentors for refugee youth ages 14-21 in foster care or residential group living home
- Male mentors for older youth transitioning out of the foster care system
Additional Opportunity - Success Coaches
(Bethany Christian Services) Grand Rapids YouthBuild Program is looking for volunteer mentors or "success coaches" to help young adults, ages 18-24, with their goals and career exploration.
- Volunteer must be at least 25 years old
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies
- Be willing to be screened for background checks
- Be able to commit to a 12 month mentoring relationship
- Meet at least 4 hours a month with the young adult
- Have acceptable means of transportation
To get more information about the Grand Rapids YouthBuild Program, please visit http://www.habitatkent.org/YouthBuild.aspx
Other articles by the same author
Bethany Christian Services mentoring program serves three youth populations: Domestic Foster Care, Refugee, and Youth Services (for youth transitioning out of foster care). At any given time, we have an average of 40-60 children and youth who have requested mentors and are waiting to be matched. Mentors within our program serve as positive role models who are willing to offer a listening ear and spend quality time with their mentee. The program is community-based, meaning that match activities take place out in the community. Activities might consist of going to the park, working on homework at the library, going out to eat, or other fun/educational activities in the local community. We ask that mentors commit to spending at least four hours per month with their mentee for at least one year. Also, individuals who are interested must be 18 years of age, have reliable transportation, and go through background checks prior to being matched with a youth.
Visit our website at http://www.bethany.org/grandrapids/will-you-help to learn more and watch our mentoring videos.
If interested in changing a life through mentoring, contact Scott at
email@example.com or (616) 224-7438.
At Bethany, our mission is to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting and enhancing the lives of children and families through quality social services.