by Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce (GRACC
) on Friday Jan 28th, 2011 01:49pm in NONPROFITS
The Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce EPIC Awards, launched in 2010, combines three of its traditional events into one EPIC event!
EPIC is an acronym for Entrepreneurial, Progressive, Innovative and Collaborative, all qualities the selection committee will be looking for in award recipients. The Chamber is now accepting nominations for the following six awards:
· Excellence in Business - Nominees must be non-profit or for-profit organizations with more than 50 employees
· Small Business of the Year - Nominees must be for-profit organizations with 50 or fewer employees
· Young Entrepreneur of the Year - Nominees must be business owners aged 35 or younger
· Minority-owned Business of the Year - Nominees must be at least 51% minority-owned
· Woman-owned Business of the Year - Nominees must be at least 51% woman-owned
· Non-Profit of the Year - Nominees must be non-profit organizations with 50 or fewer employees
Award recipients will be announced at the EPIC Awards dinner, Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.