The rest of the Grandwiches
Other articles by the same author
Other articles by this author
Finishing up reviewing all of the sandwiches in the Grandwich competition this year, I review Boars Head Tavern, Brewery Vivant, Sundance Grill and Reserve. This video presents the sandwiches and my assessment of them.
All Grandwiches are open to public voting until Monday, August 13.
According to the Grandwich website, voters are encouraged to consider the following:
- Use of Local Ingredients. Does the sandwich have ingredients native to the area? Does it feature local ingredients grown by local farms/made by local companies?
- Uniqueness. Is this something new, fresh, never been attempted before?
- Taste. Obviously, does it taste good? Do the flavors jump out at you? Do they complement each other? Are there different textures and flavors?
- Appearance. Does it look exciting? Is it begging to be picked up and devoured?
- Representation. Does this sandwich represent the tastes and interests of the people of Grand Rapids?
The top 10 Grandwiches will then be tried by a panel of judges on Friday, August 17.